The above graphics can be located and downloaded by following the corresponding numbers on the image, with the ones in the list of links below:
Now for a fun tutorial on how to use these wood texture graphics in your digital design:
1. Paste your desired graphic on top of your texture.
2. Using the Magic Wand Tool, select the graphic you want to use as a stamp. You can always adjust the tool’s sensitivity by making the “tolerance” higher.
3. Feather your selection anywhere from 0.2 – 3%. To do this, right click your selection and select “Feather” and plug in your desired percentage. Feathering makes sure that your selection is smooth, with no jagged lines.
4. Press CTRL C to copy, and CTRL V to paste.
5. It will look like you didn’t do anything, but notice how you now have a new layer? It just blends in perfectly. So you need to adjust the contrast. Select the newly pasted layer & go to the top tool bar click Image>Adjust>Brightness & Contrast. Play around with the levels until you have the contrast you want, press save & you are done!
You can use it as an additional layer to the original texture as shown in the first image, or as an individual “stamp,” as shown below.
Join Our Creative Community
Access the best video tips, design hacks, and deals straight to your inbox.